Activate your Shakti
Learn to Connect to your Creative Essence!
Do you struggle with connecting to your creative energy? Are you constantly feeling blocked when trying to connect to your femininity? In yoga, this creative essence is called Shakti. It’s seen as the feminine force of manifestation. When we become out of alignment you can lose touch with our shakti and you have to learn how to activate your shakti again! You can use different tools to activate your shakti. Connecting to our Shakti energy is activating, beautiful, and sometimes even a little wild. We can suddenly become inspired and act on our impulses. Or we can find ourselves stepping out of our comfort zone to pursue a creative endeavour we never thought possible.
Shakti energy liberates us from our reservations. It gives us the courage to act, create and manifest. And we ALL have this energy inside us. We just need to set aside the time to consciously tap into it.
An exercise to Activate your Shakti
An exercise I encourage you to do to activate your shakti:
- Take 5 minutes each day in stillness
- Perhaps drink your fav coffee or tea… but use this time to listen within
- Have a paper and pen nearby in case inspiration flows… but have no expectation
- After 5 minutes put on your fav song and let your body move… stand, sit, roll about, dance, do yoga, throw your arms, anything you like… just listen to the impulses from within and let them guide you
- When the song is finished, sit once more and reflect on your experience. Ask yourself questions, like;
- “What do I need right now?”
- “How would I like to move?”
- “What creative thing would I like to do more of?”
- “How can I do 5 mins of that for myself each day this week?”
Tune into your Shakti energy, your creative force, and let her guide you! Activate your Shakti!
Adi Shakti Mantra
One of my fav mantras to help activate your Shakti is this one:
Adi Shakti, Adi Shakti, Adi Shakti, Namo Namo
Sarab Shakti, Sarab Shakti, Sarab Shakti, Namo Namo
Pritham Bhagvati, Pritham Bhagvati, Pritham Bhagvati, Namo Namo
Kundalini Mata Shakti, Mata Shakti, Namo Namo.
It’s an extremely powerful mantra that helps us tune into the infinite, divine, creative force in all of us. It’s a mantra to help strengthen our connection to this energy within and to aid us in conscious creation from this place of feminine awareness.
I created a version of this mantra, together with English lyrics, on my first Mantra album, Mantra Medicine Volume I. You can listen to it, or chant along with me here: